Updated as of 4 August 2020
Copyright © 2019, DIGEST. All Rights Reserved.
DIGEST is a portal that makes information on laws, jurisprudence, and government issuances readily available to the public. The information on this web site is compiled from various sources and provided on an “as is” basis for general information purposes only without any representations, conditions or warranties on the quality, completeness, accuracy or fitness for a particular purpose. The content on this website is not intended to be legal advice and the use of this website does not create a lawyer-client relationship between DIGEST and its users.
Limitations on Use
1. The content on this website is for your personal use only and should not be used commercially without the express consent of DIGEST. You must not create derivative works from this website or its content. You also must not use any device or software to determine the site architecture, or extract information about its usage, the individual identities of users, or to interfere or attempt to interfere with the website or its usage. You must not breach the security or authentication measures of the website.
2. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, none of the content of this website may be copied, reproduced, republished, downloaded, uploaded, posted, displayed, transmitted or distributed without proprietary notice. You agree that the website and its content are protected by intellectual property laws.
3. Unless otherwise provided, lawyers found in DIGEST are not employed by DIGEST and any opinion expressed by lawyers in this website are their personal opinions and do not in any way represent DIGEST. All users hold DIGEST free and harmless of all liability that may arise from any interaction or transaction between users. DIGEST does not endorse or warrant the competence or qualification of lawyers found in this website. The “Talk to a Lawyer” function only connects you to an independent lawyer who is willing to address your query, concern, or matter.
5. DIGEST complies with laws and government regulations to protect the personal data of its users.
6. DIGEST employs cookies and data analytics in order to improve the performance of the website. We collect information based on your usage of this website. DIGEST reserves the right to allow third parties to display ads and other materials in this website. By using our website and submitting information, you consent to giving us your personal data. Your personal data will not be sent to third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
Collection and Usage of Personal Information
10. Personal Information collected from each user depends on the usage of the DIGEST Website (“Website”) which includes, but not limited to, visiting the Website, using legal resources in the Website, claiming a lawyer’s profile, using DIGEST’s messaging and video conferencing features, and/or using DIGEST’s mobile app (“DIGEST’s Services”). By using DIGEST’s Services and submitting information, you consent to giving us your personal data. Your personal data will not be sent to third parties for any purpose whatsoever.
11. Personal Information is defined under the Data Privacy Act of 2012 or Republic Act No. 10173 as any information whether recorded in a material form or not, from which the identity of an individual is apparent or can be reasonably and directly ascertained by the entity holding the information, or when put together with other information would directly and certainly identify an individual.
12. DIGEST may collect the following information:
a. From All Users:
i. Names, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses (“IP addresses”), location, email addresses, and identification card details.
ii. Internet or other electronic network activity information that DIGEST may collect includes browsing history, search history, information about the device the consumer is using to access our website or applications, and information regarding a user’s interaction with Website, DIGEST’s mobile applications, and advertisements. DIGEST may also collect information on browser settings, operating systems, referring/exit pages, and clickstream data.
iii. When DIGEST sends you an email, DIGEST may collect information, including about how you interact with that email.
iv. DIGEST may collect data from messages or queries of a user before it is claimed by a lawyer. Once claimed by a lawyer, DIGEST has no access and does not collect any information transmitted through the messaging and/or video conferencing function of the website or mobile app. DIGEST recognizes that all exchanges between the lawyer and another user through DIGEST’s Services are privileged and confidential.
b. From Users Who Will Create an Account: Names, online identifiers, Internet Protocol addresses (“IP addresses”), location, email addresses, identification card details and identification photo.
c. From Lawyers Who Will Claim Their Profile in DIGEST: Names, Roll of Attorney Numbers, online identifiers, IP addresses, location, email addresses, practice areas, work experience, professional fees, identification card details and identification photo.
13. DIGEST employs cookies and data analytics in order to improve the performance of DIGEST’s Services. DIGEST collects information based on your usage of DIGEST’s Services. DIGEST reserves the right to allow third parties to display ads and other materials in DIGEST’s Services.
Security of Your Personal Information
15. DIGEST implements reasonable and appropriate organizational, physical, and technical measures intended for the protection of personal information against any accidental or unlawful destruction.
16. DIGEST will implement reasonable and appropriate measures to protect the personal information against natural dangers such as accidental loss or destruction, and human dangers such as unlawful access, fraudulent misuse, unlawful destruction, alteration and contamination.
17. DIGEST employs safeguards to protect DIGEST’s computer network against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized usage, or interference with or hindering of their functioning or availability.
18. DIGEST will notify you within a reasonable time when sensitive personal information or other information that may be used to enable identity fraud are reasonably believed to have been acquired by an unauthorized person, and there is a real risk of serious harm to any affected data subject.
19. No data transmission is guaranteed to be completely secure. DIGEST cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted through DIGEST’s Services. You provide and/or transmit information at your own risk. Digest disclaims liability for theft, loss, or unauthorized access of your data due to using DIGEST’s Services. You acknowledge that you understand and assume these risks.
21. By submitting content (“User Content”) to this website, you give DIGEST a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such User Content. You warrant that the work you submit to this website is your work and does not violate the intellectual property rights of third parties.
22. To the extent such content is attached to a profile on the DIGEST platform, the foregoing license includes a right to reproduce your profile, and any name, likeness or photograph contained in such profiles.
23. It is solely the liability of the user to ensure that the content submitted through our platform is fully compliant with laws and regulations. DIGEST does not warrant on the accuracy, sufficiency, or quality of User Content made available in this website.
24. Except for personal and confidential information, you acknowledge that any content you submit to or publish in this website will be publicly available.
25. DIGEST will exert best efforts to address user concerns. In the unlikely event that DIGEST is unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction, you agree to submit to alternative dispute resolution.